Sunday 28 September 2014

Diva & Co

Bought through: Deals.com
Voucher for: Delight Yourself with this Deluxe Pamper Package. Only $49 for a 60 Minute Deep Cleansing Facial plus 45 Minute Luxurious Hot Oil Manicure and Hot Oil Pedicure. Enjoy Fresher, Hydrated Skin and Stunning Nails Topped Off with OPI Polish. Valued at $154



After spending much for the last month looking like a walking anachronism from a Rococo painting (shout out to all the talented peeps for Heidelberg Theatre Company's recent season of Amadeus!); my skin was feeling roundly confused from the almost nightly regime of full face makeup - theatre white - scrub clean - redo full face makeup - second round of theatre white - final cleanse and clean up. Phew! The look was of the time and paired with wig and
costume, rather spectacular, but I was definitely looking forward to my facial, booked for the day after my final show to give my skin a bit of TLC.

Diva & Co in Hawthorn East is located close to crazy intersection in Camberwell, so bear that in mind if you are looking for a parking space close to the salon. My booking was for Sunday afternoon so no need to worry about parking restrictions, and easily I found a car space across the road from the salon. 

The interiors were bright and calming white, dominated in the front of the showroom by four comfy massage chairs with soaking wells attached. A customer was enjoying a pampering pedicure as I was invited through to a secondary small treatment area for my facial. 

Talk about a pamper package! The 60 minute deep cleanse included a double cleanse, exfoliation, mask, massage and major moisturiser not just my face, but my neck and decolletage as well. It was all very calming and a meditative soundtrack allowed you to drift off for a blissful cat nap.
After enjoying that for about an hour, we proceeded to the second part of my voucher - the manicure and pedicure. Now, I don't get my nails done very often, so I profess I'm a bit unfamiliar with this procedure bar the painting of bright colours!

I had my pedicure first and thoroughly enjoyed a warm oil foot soak, filing, cuticle care (something I would never think to normally do), a buff, polish and even a mini foot massage with a special oil lotion. 

From the display shelves I had picked a fun, iridescent metallic from the extensive Opi range on offer called Kermit Me To Speak, and totally love how it looked on both my hands and feet.

My fingers received similar pampering but I was a little scared when the technician, a chatty and friendly Chinese girl picked up a modified pair of small scissors and proceeded with a little cuticle care on my nails. I would never do this to myself (eek), but surprisingly it didn't hurt at all, and I have to admit, my nails looked lovely when the polish was painted expertly on.

Both sets of nails have lasted quite well and you can buy vouchers lasting three months directly from Diva & Co for the manicure and pedicure set for about $35 (regular retail is approximately $75).

Pros: Bustling location close to lots of fun shops in Camberwell; relaxing facial; and pretty paint for your nails.

Cons: Might have some problems finding parking during the week if you need longer than an hour; can be busy so leave a message to make your booking - they will call back to confirm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments? Notes or opinions? Write on!