Saturday 19 July 2014

Zanzibar Touch Massage and Yoga Studio

Bought through: Our Deal
Voucher for: Indulge in 90 minutes of pampering with a full body brush, exfoliating massage, body wrap, facial, foot treatment & full body massage. HUGE $231 off!


Zanzibar Touch Massage and Yoga Studio

Part of the reason I love vouchers is that you can live a champagne lifestyle on a soft drink budget, and since I've moved to Melbourne relatively recently, they give me the opportunity to not only try out new experiences and eateries, but also explore the CBD and surrounding suburbs.

I've never been to Brighton before, but this tony location has a pretty fancy strip shopping district, a flagship Coles (very impressive) and cafes galore - I think one even spruiked pupcorn treats for your doggie darling.

Zanzibar Touch is located opposite the Palace Cinemas up a couple of flights of stairs and indicated mainly by a simple sandwich board on the footpath.

My recent Body Pump classes had left me with slightly sore upper shoulders so I was really looking forward to the massage portion of this pamper session. 

My SO (Significant Other) and I had booked in for the session together and we were about to embark on a 90 minute indulgence that would have the following: a 15 minute Full Body Brush to relax the surface of your skin (value $25); a 30 minute Exfoliation Massage (value $90); a nourished 15 minute Fresh Fruit Body Wrap (value $90); a Facial and soothing Foot Treatment (value $70); which would finally be completed with a 30 minute full body and scalp massage (value $25). 
All of this for a very affordable $69 each. Bargain!

After taking our details, Christina and Catherine, our two therapists ushered us into a medium sized and gorgeously warm room where there were two massage beds set up draped with large towels and then further topped with thin plastic sheeting. At first I wondered what this was for, but I soon discovered their purpose as we were about to be coated - liberally - in the all natural products and potions used for the various treatments. 

We were gently instructed to take off all clothing and jewellery and put on some disposable underwear. I was fine with that as I've done this before, but I think it was a new experience for my SO. Wrapped in a towel, we lay back down on our respective massage beds and Catherine and Christine popped back in after politely knocking. 

The Body Brush was nice and just a touch ticklish for me, pretty much around my feet, but I could feel it prepping my skin. That was followed by an AMAZING exfoliation massage which I think used coconut, cloves, mango and almond oil and it flooded the room with the heady smell of all spice - I felt like I was being in the middle of a Christmas cake! The smell was delicious and I've read that Zanzibar Touch use natural fruit, oils and spices blended and mixed every day to keep them fresh.

The tropical concoction was left to coat my body as we were wrapped in the plastic sheet (aha!) to relax for a short period of time. Some of us went to sleep, hardly surprising as soothing music had been playing throughout. Ahhhhh.....

Christina came back in after 15 minutes and helped me to a shower in the next room, the oil seemed to bead up the water, but after drying off with a fluffy towel my skin felt utterly moisturised and toned. As I headed back to the massage room, my SO made his way soon after to the shower with the help of his therapist Catherine (remember, we're covered in large exfoliation granules and wrapped in a thin plastic sheeting).

A fresh facial and nourishing foot treatment soon followed, with the spa session concluding after the final treatment - a thorough body and head massage. So spoilt!

I can understand why some people can get addicted to going to the spa, the therapies can feel heavenly - I kept touching the skin on my arm and marvelling at how soft and moisturised it was. While the prices are not cheap, I think I'll definitely be back for a treat to Zanzibar Touch every once in a while (my SO enjoyed it heaps too, so men do not be afraid, your skin will thank you for it!)

Pros: professional and friendly service; delicious smelling treatments; easy to get to location with a train stop close by and a reasonable amount of parking in surrounding area; good range of opening hours especially by appointment
Cons: website a little clunky on desktop with some typos belaying a good business; a bit pricey

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha - I know why your SO was nonplussed by the disposable underwear having experienced it myself. They are the one size fits all type and I think they must be designed for women because they felt very snug in a certain spot!

    ReplyDelete

Any comments? Notes or opinions? Write on!